Pupils are accepted into our Montessori Nursery from the age of 6 months and we offer year round care all the way up to 5 years.
Early years government funding is available for eligible 3-4 years olds.
We encourage pupils to progress from our early years provision into the Infant School but this is not a requirement.
Working with our appropriately qualified staff, classes are kept small and adhere to the following maximum ratios:
1:3 Children aged 6 months-1 year
1:4 Children aged 2-3
1:8 Children aged 3-4
The Nursery expects children to attend for a minimum of three weekly sessions.
Places are offered subject to acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of the Parents Agreement.
A settling in period is the time before a child joins the Nursery when they can visit with their parents and stay for a while in order to get to know the staff, children and their new environment.
It is important that a child has spent some time in their classroom before the actual starting day, this will help them to feel a little more settled and confident about their new environment. It also gives the parents the opportunity to ask any questions and find out a bit more about how their child will be spending their day and the daily routine as well as getting to know the staff. These visits are an important part of the child’s settling in process, it is a time when relationships with staff and parents can be built and the child can feel that they can start to build trusting relationships, within a safe and secure environment.
As a matter of policy we encourage parents and children to visit on at least three occasions before the first day (free of charge). The length of these visits can vary, but parents will be notified in advance of the formal settling in dates and times. Parents will be able to discuss any particular issues they would like us to consider.
On their first day parents may want to stay a while to see that their child is settled and happy, however they need not feel obliged to do this and may leave soon after saying goodbye to their child.
Parents are invited to telephone the school at any point during the day to check that all is well.
A brief progress report will be offered by the keyworker/teacher when parents arrive to collect their children.
Applications for admission are informal and friendly.
- Ask for some information about the Nursery/view our website.
- Arrange to visit us and have a tour of the Nursery.
- Once you have established that our Nursery is the right environment for your child, fill in the registration form and Parents’ Agreement and return the forms to the school office together with the registration fee of £50.
- If a place is available at the time of receipt you will receive a letter offering you a place subject to paying a refundable deposit. The payment is in addition to the termly fees and is returned when your child leaves the Nursery subject to the Terms and Conditions.
- Monthly fees are required in full by the 7th of each month. A wide variety of childcare vouchers are accepted, please email email@example.com
Tel: 01980 322 322